Sitara is a criminal defence lawyer, representing clients in both minor and serious criminal offences. She has experience conducting a range of hearings in summary and indictable Courts, including trials, sentencing, legal arguments, and bail applications.
Sitara has extensive and valuable experience in Criminal Jury Trials , and has appeared as Junior Counsel and Instructing Solicitor in the District and Supreme Court. She frequently instructs senior barristers, including Senior Counsel and King’s Counsel, which has given her invaluable insight and experience into serious and complicated matters from a very early stage in her legal practice.
Sitara is particularly skilled at reviewing and understanding forensic data such as phone and electronic device data downloads, evidence containing computer code, and internet based data (such as bitcoin wallets and forums). She will assist your case by ensuring that all evidence is properly disclosed, and that any evidence that may be contained in computer or software data is explored thoroughly.
Summary of Experience
Sitara has experience in all types of criminal matters, however, she has focused most substantially on matters involving:
- Serious drug offences, including importation, trafficking, sell or supply, cultivation, and simple possession;
- White collar crime, including fraud, money laundering, stealing, corruption, and conspiracy offences;
- Violence, including assaults, grievous bodily harm, wounding, strangulation, murder and manslaughter; and
- All Commonwealth Offences, which are often matters investigated by the AFP and prosecuted by the Crown or “the King”.
One of the highlights in Sitara’s career was securing an acquittal in Australia’s largest drug importation in 2022: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-21/men-jailed-over-billion-dollar-geraldton-meth-bust/102235240
- Admitted: Supreme Court of Western Australia | December 2020
- Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Legal Studies and Research (Murdoch University)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice and Certificate of Legal Business Skills (College of Law)
- Practical Legal Training (Equus Chambers)
- Doyle’s Guide – Criminal Law Rising Star – Western Australia, 2023