Restraining Order Matters
The Process of Contesting a Restraining Order
If you find yourself having been served a restraining order that you believe is unjust or unnecessary, contesting it is an option. The process involves presenting your case before a Court to demonstrate why the order should be lifted or modified. Our knowledgeable lawyers in Perth can guide you through this process, ensuring your rights are protected and your voice is heard.
Consequences of Breaching a Restraining Order
Breaching a restraining order can lead to serious consequences, including fines and imprisonment. It’s essential to understand the terms and conditions of the order and adhere to them to avoid legal repercussions. Our experienced Breach VRO lawyers in Perth can provide you with the guidance needed to navigate the terms of the order responsibly.
How Timpano Can Assist with Restraining Order Cases
At Timpano Legal, we understand the complexities and emotions involved in restraining order cases. Our compassionate team of lawyers in Perth & Western Australia are committed to providing you with expert legal representation tailored to your unique circumstances. Whether you’re seeking to contest an order, defend against a breach allegation, or ensure your rights are protected, we are here to support you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions about Restraining Orders
- What is a Violence Restraining Order (VRO)? A Violence Restraining Order (VRO) is a legal order designed to protect a person from violence or threats of violence. Our lawyers can provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the VRO process.
- What is a Misconduct Restraining Order (MRO)? A Misconduct Restraining Order (MRO) is a legal tool issued by a Court to prevent individuals from engaging in harmful behaviours towards others. It safeguards individuals who have experienced harassment or threats by establishing boundaries and prohibiting contact. Violation of an MRO can result in legal consequences. Procedures for obtaining and enforcing MROs can vary based on jurisdiction and local laws. The aim is to ensure the safety and well-being of the protected individual.
- Can I contest a Family Violence Restraining Order (FVRO)? Yes, you can contest a Family Violence Restraining Order. Our experienced lawyers can guide you through the process of contesting a VRO/ objecting to an FVRO/ objecting to a violence restraining order and representing your interests in Court.
- What happens if I breach a restraining order? Breaching a restraining order can result in legal consequences, including fines and imprisonment. Our lawyers can help you understand the importance of adhering to the terms of the order.
- What should I do if I’ve been served with a restraining order? If you’ve been served with a restraining order, it’s crucial to seek legal advice promptly. Contact our skilled lawyers in Perth to discuss your case and ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities.
- What will happen next? If someone has made an application for a restraining order, they can make that application in the Magistrates Court in your absence. If the Court is not satisfied that an interim order should be granted, you will be summonsed to Court and the matter will be listed for a Final Order Hearing.
A Court has the power to grant an order in the interim until it gives you the opportunity to respond to the application. The interim order is served on you and you have 21 days to lodge an Objection. If you do not object, the order is made Final and the terms of the order remain in place for two years.
If an objection is lodged, the Court will summons the parties to Court and list the matter for a Final Order Hearing. If a Final Order is made against you it is imperative to abide by the Conditions of the Order. Any breaches – even technical or minor breaches – can result in a criminal prosecution.
Penalties for a breach may include fines and in some serious cases of repetitive breaches, imprisonment.
Contact Us for Expert Guidance on Restraining Orders
If you’re dealing with restraining orders, Timpano Legal is here to provide you with expert legal representation and unwavering support. Our dedicated Violence Restraining Order/ VRO lawyers in Perth and Western Australia (WA) are committed to safeguarding your rights, advocating for your interests, and guiding you towards the best possible resolution.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards securing your safety and future.